Per-project configuration?

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Firstly, great work on this VS extension. It's very useful indeed to us web developers, especially the JSHint support, which many of us (I think) find particularly useful for its flexibility/non-rigid nature.

There are really just a few minor quibbles I have with the extension. Firstly, it seems impossible currently to specify options (enable/disable certain rules, for example) on a per-project basis. I for one could *really* do with a configuration file that I could just drop in my project and point JSLint4VS to (perhaps via the Project Property pages?). You may have come across the sharpLinter project before, which seems to be the main competitor out there. The linked blog post mentions several shortcomings of JSLint4VS that I think are quite acute. Another main one is the inability to use custom (i.e. more recent) versions of JSLint/JSHint for validating JS files. If this could be done on a a per-project basis too, that would be great.

So, if you care to consider any of these suggestions for future versions of the extension, I would be very grateful! The GUI for it so far is great, but with a little more, could become an invaluable VS extension for web devs I think.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Agreed - it would be awesome if all options, especially being able to enabe/disable it, were per project.