How can I use the tool with TFS Build definition?

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hello,

I'd like to use the same tool on the developer computer and in my central TFS builds. How can I use it? The preferred way were not to start Visual Studio during the builds on the TFS Build Server.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I'd like to add this feature.

My plan is to

1. Create an executable version of the extension

2. Be able to define "configurations" that the extension and binary can use

but I just do this in my spare time, and I don't have much at the moment :(

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:57 AM

I also need this feature. Any updates?

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM

We really would like this feature too!

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM

We also need an executable for TFS :)

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The structure is much better for adding this feature now.. but I have no plans to do it.

If anyone wants to have a go I'm happy to give you developer rights/credit.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I can give it a try, let me think about it as I also maintain another open source project and work at an office too.

I would be glad to do it, thinking on doing it much like the same as the guys of StyleCop do it, with a *.targets file that you have to include in the project file (*.csproj) using an "Import" tag so the tool runs when the project is build.

StyleCop example:
<Import Project="$(SolutionDir)\..\StyleCop\StyleCop.Targets" />

What do you think?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

BTW: check my work if you wish

http://entitiestodtos.codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

You can already now associate a settings file with a solution (right click solution).. so I would suggest setting up something that could use that.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

(p.s. yes if I wasn't heavily involved in dotless and less.js I would have more love for this extension, but those 2 things seem more important)

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM
lukepage wrote:

You can already now associate a settings file with a solution (right click solution).. so I would suggest setting up something that could use that.

Yep I saw that feature, nice, but that would be the file to use for the options to check against the code. What I'm saying is the way of programming the JS/CSS check at build without the need of installing the tool since for example TFS Build won't have it. And another situation is for example where only a few developers can configure the options to validate of JS and CSS and every other developer doesn't need to have installed the tool but is needed to be able to check de validations.

Possible solution is like StyleCop team done it: checkin the dll used to validate, edit project files of the solution to include an import tag with the dll used to validate and include a targets file where build indications are specified.